jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Mueller" <thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: atomic vs group node creation/storage
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2007 07:51:00 GMT
Hi,

Could you send the configuration (repository.xml file), and the code
if possible (so I don't have to write it again). Just recently I
though I saw a similar problem, but I am not sure if it's related.

Thanks,
Thomas

On 6/20/07, Frédéric Esnault <fesn@legisway.com> wrote:
> Hello there !
>

> It seems to me that there is a storage problem, when you create a lot of nodes, one by
one, using this algorithm :

> 1.      for each node to create
>
>         a.      create node
>         b.      fill node properties/child nodes
>         c.      save session
>
> 2.      end for
>

> The default_node and default_prop tables number of rows (and size) increases very fast,
and in an unacceptable way.

> I had a 35 million default_node table after inserting like this 27 000 nodes in a repository.
>

> Then I used the other algorithm :
>
> 1.      for each node to create
>
>         a.      create node
>         b.      fill node properties/child nodes
>
> 2.      end for
> 3.      save session
>

> And this gives a much better situation (currently I have a 36 000 content repository,
and my tables are correct - 60 000 rows for node table,

> 576 000 rows for properties).
>

> The problem here is that in a production environment, users are going to create their
nodes one by one, day after day, never by full blocks.