jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Mueller" <thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Next Generation Persistence
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2007 20:32:57 GMT
Hi,

I am currently thinking about a radical solution (you can call it
brainstorming): Store the index in a database. This would probably be
slower than Lucene, a big disadvantage. Additionally, store data of
all workspaces in the same database, using the same connection. Store
versions in the same database. Use one database connection per
session. Don't use any caching in Jackrabbit (only the database would
cache data). Like this you don't run into problems with transaction
rollbacks, you don't need to clean up the index from time to time. The
Jackrabbit core would get much simpler. The database would not really
need to be a SQL database, but it would need a bit more functionality
than the current PersistenceManager.

Anyway, just an idea.
Thomas