jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About Jackrabbit repository model
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 07:50:15 GMT
Hi,

On 6/21/07, Frédéric Esnault <fesn@legisway.com> wrote:
> This breaks the two "jackrabbit doesn't like" rules said before, but I think
> this is not a strange architecture.

Responding to the general issue; as more and more people are starting
to use Jackrabbit (see the growth in user list subscriptions at [1])
we are encountering use cases and application architectures that don't
fit the original design goals of Jackrabbit that well.

The "quick" solution to such cases is to modify the application
architecture or work around the limitations, but it is important that
people raise these issues on the mailing lists and the issue tracker
as it shows that Jackrabbit isn't meeting some use cases that people
would like to use it for.

It is then up for debate whether those cases are something we want to
support and how they would be best implemented, but even having the
feedback in the first place is very important and healthy for the
project. Such feedback is IMHO much more important in driving the
project than architectural visions of how things should be.

[1] blue line in http://people.apache.org/~coar/users_jackrabbit_apache_org.png

BR,

Jukka Zitting