jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Object Content Mapping - Status
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2007 08:32:33 GMT
Hi,

On 6/20/07, Christophe Lombart <christophe.lombart@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/20/07, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Do you want to make a standalone OCM release,
> > or should we include it as a component in the Jackrabbit 1.4 release?
>
> It should nice to see it as a component of Jackrabbit 1.4. I think more
> developpers will use it if it is an "official" Jackrabbit component.

Agreed. I'd love to see OCM going out in Jackrabbit 1.4, which really
seems to be shaping up as an excellent release with all the recent
activity.

> Why not for Jackrabbit 1.3.1 (depending on the release date) ?

1.3.1 is planned to go out in two weeks so the schedule is really
tight. Our policy has also been to avoid introducing new features in
patch releases, so I would rather go for 1.4.

My current thinking is to have 1.4 going out sometime in
September/October, which actually is pretty close already given that
activity is likely to drop a bit during the next two months due to
summer vacations.

> > It would be nice to have OCM included in our Continuum installation at
> > http://jackrabbit.zones.apache.org/. Do you mind if I do the required
> > POM updates (mostly <scm/> entries)?
>
> Excellent idea.

I'll go for it.

> Another point :
> Do you have some recommandation for the website doc ? I would like to
> migrate the old ocm into the Jackrabbit website.

The Jackrabbit website is really quite a mess and I've been meaning to
do something about that for a long while. I've created a set of
component documentation pages under doc/components, it would probably
be best to start putting OCM documentation in there for now.

BR,

Jukka Zitting