jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Next Generation Persistence
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2007 12:37:15 GMT
Hi,

On 6/15/07, Thomas Mueller <thomas.tom.mueller@gmail.com> wrote:
> And after a crash, you can re-index everything, then things are
> consistent and no data is lost (only time is lost). So solving the
> transactional problem of the index is not highest priority. Still it
> would be nice to have a clean solution.

Related to NGP, I had this wishful thought that we could perhaps
integrate Lucene segment files with the NGP revision model, so that
the index update would actually become a part of a persisted
revision...

I guess that would require a whole new level of integration between
Jackrabbit and Lucene, but it would be nice to see what we could
achieve in case there's interest within both projects.

BR,

Jukka Zitting