jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NGP: Value records
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2007 09:00:24 GMT
Hi,

On 6/15/07, Thomas Mueller <thomas.tom.mueller@gmail.com> wrote:
> The main problem seems to be:
> - Avoid blocking the engine when streaming large objects
>
> I could write a test with multiple sessions that concurrently read and
> write large and small objects. Like this we have something to test
> against. Or does such a test already exist?

+1 Having a test that gives us a controlled way of measuring the
performance improvement would be perfect. Otherwise we're just making
educated guesses... I don't think we have anything very controlled
apart from the JMeter stuff in contrib/jcr-commands that Edgar wrote
some while ago. I also have a simple webapp that maps HTTP requests to
JCR API calls for easy testing of repository performance in a typical
webapp scenario. I'll see if I could contribute the webapp to
Jackrabbit.

> Afterwards, I would be interested in helping to implementing the
> Global Data Store.

Thanks. I'll upload my latest code in JCR-926.

BR,

Jukka Zitting