jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: Re: Loading Node without loading Binary Data
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 12:20:28 GMT
Hi,

On 6/14/07, Christoph Kiehl <ck@sulu3000.de> wrote:
> If you didn't change the default your binaries (which are bigger than
> 4096 bytes) will be stored separate from the bundle. That means if you
> do nextNode() only the bundle without the binary should be loaded. As
> long as you do not access the binary property with
> node.getProperty(<name>) or node.getProperties() the binary will not be
> loaded. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

Note that the default bundle persistence manager will do a SELECT from
the binval table when the node that contains a binary property is
loaded. The blob is then turned into a BLOBFileValue that
automatically spools the binary stream into a local temporary file.
:-(

This is one of the problems I'm trying to address with JCR-926.

BR,

Jukka Zitting