jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to configure a virtual file system for the search index component?
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2007 07:49:42 GMT
Hi,

On 6/6/07, Gary Dong <garydongdev@gmail.com> wrote:
> According to the information on the 'Configuring Jackrabbit' page,
> http://jackrabbit.apache.org/doc/config.html, it says "An optional virtual
> file system component can be specified for the search index as well." Can
> anyone show me any example on how to specify a virtual file system for the
> search index component?

The configuration mechanism allows you to add a <FileSystem/>
configuration entry within <SearchIndex/>, but unfortunately the only
proper search index implementation in Jackrabbit
(org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.SearchIndex) ignores the
virtual filesystem configuration and always stores the index in the
local filesystem for performance reasons.

BR,

Jukka Zitting