jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NGP: Value records
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 09:20:08 GMT

On 6/6/07, Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com> wrote:
> is there a way to purge the binary store, i.e. remove unreferenced data?
> i am a bit concerned that doing a lot of add/remove operations would
> quickly exhaust available storage space. at least we need a concept
> how deal with this kind of situation.

I was thinking of using a garbage collector to reclaim unreferenced
data. I haven't yet implemented anything like that and there will be
open issues to resolve if we want to allow more than one repository to
use the same data store for binaries, but I don't think that this is a
question that we couldn't resolve. I'll look into more details on
this. I think it would be good if we had at least a rudimentary
solution available before releasing any of this code.

> since the jsr-283 public review is just around the corner we'll have to
> start work on the ri pretty soon. therefore i think the ri should target
> v2.0.
> wrt intergating JCR-926 both 1.4 and 2.0 would be fine with me.

OK. We can initially target 1.4 but if it seems like we won't have the
required migration tools and other supporting code and documentation,
then we can postpone this to 2.0.

Jukka Zitting

View raw message