jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Newbie Maven question
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 22:27:27 GMT
Hi,

On 6/5/07, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> For instance, contrib/jcr-navigator wants jackrabbit-core version
> 1.1-SNAPSHOT, which I can't (?) build from trunk, nor is available from
> repo1.maven.org.

As you noticed, the contrib subtree lives outside the main Jackrabbit
build system. Since the contrib components are not included in
Jackrabbit releases there isn't much effort in keeping their code or
build scripts up to date at all times.

You are of course free to update any contrib components if and when
you need them. Also, once a component in contrib starts seeing more
active use it makes sense to promote it into a release component and
to integrate it with the main build system. All release components
will be kept up to date with latest changes on a regular basis since
they all get built and tested at least whenever there's a new release.

BR,

Jukka Zitting