jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: S3 persistence manager
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 13:07:35 GMT
Hi,

On 6/4/07, Martin Perez <mpermar@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there anyone developing something like a Amazon S3 persistence manager?
>
> If not, it seems to me like a good candidate for a new project ( it is too
> late for SOC ), or perhaps it is an insane idea?

I haven't heard of anyone actively working on something like that, but
I agree that it would be a cool idea.

Actually S3 was floating around in my mind when I wrote the NGP
proposal (http://jackrabbit.apache.org/dev/ngp.html). S3 or another
similar massively distributed storage mechanism would work very well
with the NGP concepts.

I'm currently working on a related more short-term idea of adding a
global "data store" that would handle all binary properties (and
possibly other data like item bundles as well). The data store concept
is designed to work very well with remote or distributed storage, so
S3 would be an interesting option there as well.

BR,

Jukka Zitting