jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Status of concurrent versioning (Was: Re: concurrent writes (JCR-314))
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2007 14:45:31 GMT
Jukka Zitting wrote:
> What's the general feeling about concurrent versioning? Do we have
> light at the end of the tunnel? I guess reviewing whether JCR-18 is
> still relevant would make sense

I'm currently working on issue JCR-962 and I think I can see the light ;) though
I'm still stumbling over loose rocks now and then...

I'll post a patch tomorrow for review. the general idea is to write lock the
version manager early in the transaction processing to avoid deadlocks and to
maintain the same sequence of locking within XA transactions as well as regular
versioning operations.

I will also create some test cases that cover JCR-18 so we can close the issue
if the tests pass.

regards
  marcel