jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: jcr:deref() in predicate
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2007 10:27:36 GMT

'lgw:contractorType')/@lgw:companyName = 'Lycos']

> Is there antoher way to make this query?

yes, there is. only search for the company node:

lgw:root//element(*, lgw:company)[@lgw:companyName = 'Lycos']

then use the API to get the references to the lycos company node:

Node lycosCompany = ...;
for (PropertyIterator it = lycosCompany.getReferences(); it.hasNext(); ) {
     Property p = it.nextProperty();
     if (p.getName().equals("lgw:internalContractor")) {
         Node contractType = p.getParent();
         // do something with this node
     }
}

or even better, if there were no same name siblings you could directly address
the lycos company by path:

Node rootNode = ...;
rootNode.getNode("lgw:root/companies/Lycos");

that way you don't even have to execute a query.

in contrast to databases you don't necessarily have to use joins to get to your
content along references. the JCR API provides methods to do that much quicker
than a query.

regards
  marcel