jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: About Jackrabbit repository model
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2007 09:47:04 GMT
Frédéric Esnault wrote:
> Your performance tests were not made with same name siblings I guess? Because
> mine, with 12K same name siblings child nodes, a simple search is awful. Not
> a search on something like //lgw:contract[5], which is fast, but even
> /jcr:root/lgw:root/lgw:contracts/lgw:contract is an awful query....

the default configuration in jackrabbit uses document order on the nodes in a
query result. for larger result sets this is know to be slow because it reads
the nodes from the persistence manager. sibling ordering information is not
present in the index.

did you try to disable document order?

you can add the following parameter to the SearchIndex tag in the workspace.xml
file:

      <param name="respectDocumentOrder" value="false"/>

regards
   marcel