jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From siraj ahmed <siraj.ah...@hurix.com>
Subject Re: problem
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 13:39:51 GMT
yes, Its calling the method getBlogEntryNode and this methods return
type getting null. thats the problem

public BlogEntryDTO getBlogEntry(String blogTitle)
            throws BlogApplicationException {
        BlogEntryDTO blogEntryDTO = null;
        if (_logger.isDebugEnabled())
            _logger.debug("Entering JackrabbitBlogEntryDAO.getBlogList() "
                    + blogTitle);
        try {

            Node blogEntry = getBlogEntryNode(blogTitle);
            String bloggerName =
blogEntry.getProperty(PROP_BLOGAUTHOR).getString();
            String blogContent =
blogEntry.getProperty(PROP_BLOGCONTENT).getString();
            Value creationTimeValue = (Value) blogEntry.getProperty(
                    PROP_CREATIONTIME).getValue();
            blogEntryDTO = new BlogEntryDTO(bloggerName, blogTitle,
                    blogContent, creationTimeValue.getDate());
        } catch (InvalidQueryException e) {
            throw new BlogApplicationException(e);
        } catch (ValueFormatException e) {
            throw new BlogApplicationException(e);
        } catch (PathNotFoundException e) {
            throw new BlogApplicationException(e);
        } catch (IllegalStateException e) {
            throw new BlogApplicationException(e);
        } catch (RepositoryException e) {
            throw new BlogApplicationException(e);
        }

        if (_logger.isDebugEnabled())
            _logger.debug("Exiting JackrabbitBlogEntryDAO.getBlogList() "
                    + blogEntryDTO);

        return blogEntryDTO;
    }

Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The exception you sent indicates that the problem is on line 171 of
> JackrabbitBlogEntryDAO.java, within the getBlogEntry method. The
> method you sent is getBlogEntryNode, not getBlogEntry. Even if you had
> sent the correct method body, without line number information it is
> hard to identify what the incorrect line is.
>
> Moreover, this really doesn't look like a Jackrabbit issue as your
> stack traces contain no org.apache.jackrabbit classes. I suspect you
> simply have an error in your code. Check out what you have on line 171
> and trace back all the references used on that line.
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

Hurix Mumbai telephone numbers have changed. New numbers are:

Mumbai 1: Simran Center -    +91 22 6677 4888

Mumbai 2: Solitiare Center - +91 22 6709 6888
***Disclaimer***

This email, and any attachments ("this email"), is confidential. If you are not the addressee
please tell the sender immediately, and destroy this email without using, sending or storing
it. Any opinions, express or implied, in this email, are those of the sender, and are not
necessarily approved by Hurix Systems. Except as expressly stated, this e-mail should not
be
regarded as an offer, solicitation, recommendation or agreement to buy or sell products or
services, or to enter into any contract. E-mail transmissions are not secure and may suffer
errors, viruses, delay, interception and amendment. Hurix Systems does not accept liability
for damage caused by any of the foregoing.

HURIX SYSTEMS MAY MONITOR ALL INCOMING AND OUTGOING MAILS