jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Boston <...@tfd.co.uk>
Subject Journal Maintanence Question
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2007 17:03:49 GMT
Hi,
Quick question,
In a FileJournal for a cluster the files get rotated and can be managed,
however in a DB journal is their the same rotation or cleanup going
on... I think thats right ?

In the DatabaseJournal however...

I am concerned about having millions of journal records hitting db
performance and I was wondering if it would make more sense to have a
policy, either

records older than the oldest cluster node will be removed or

records older than 30 minutes will be removed.

Obviously, this will require a snapshot of the local space to seed a new
cluster node, and that will have to be fresher than the oldest journal
entry.

Am I worrying unnecessarily ?

Ian