jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From ruchi goel <Ruchi.G...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: error compiling jcr-mapping in Jackrabbit source tree
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 12:36:41 GMT
Christophe Lombart wrote:
> On 5/31/07, ruchi goel <Ruchi.Goel@sun.com> wrote:
>>
>> Christophe Lombart wrote:
>> > Hi Ruchi,
>> >
>> > Sorry for the delay. It was a long wk here. I don't understand your
>> > compile
>> > issue. It is not necessary to download manually the JTA jar. It is a
>> > Jackrabbit dependency. Do you have in your m2 repo the following
>> folder
>> :
>> > repository/org/apache/geronimo/specs/geronimo-jta_1.0.1B_spec/1.0.1 ?
>> Yes, I have this.
>> >
>> > Did you run "mvn install" from the Jackrabbit home folder ?
>> I first tried mvn install from Jackrabbit home folder but it did not
>> create targets for jcr-mapping.
>

> Right. All projects in contrib are not installed auto.
>
> Then I tried building jcr-maping layer separately.
>

> Is it working now ?

No. I did svn update. I have in my m2 repo the following folder  :
:  repository/org/apache/geronimo/specs/geronimo-jta_1.0.1B_spec/1.0.1

Added following dependency in pom.xml
<dependency>
                <artifactId>geronimo-jta_1.0.1B_spec</artifactId>
                <version>1.0.1</version>
          </dependency>

    <!-- Test -->
    <dependency>
            <artifactId>geronimo-jta_1.0.1B_spec</artifactId>
            <version>1.0.1</version>
            <scope>test</scope>
      </dependency>

Still I get the following error :

[INFO] Compilation failure

*E:\cms\JackrabbitNew\contrib\jackrabbit-jcr-mapping\jcr-mapping\src\main\java\org\apache\jackrabbit\ocm\transaction\jackrabbit\UserTransactionImpl.java:[22,25]

cannot find symbol
symbol  : class UserTransaction
location: package javax.transaction

and similar errors. Basically compiler is not able to find
javax.transaction.
*

What is it that I am missing ?

regards,