jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From bilobag <bilo...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Web app design pattern questions
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2007 12:30:01 GMT

So you're saying that you use the actual node objects on the front end?  My
motivation was that I was trying to make it easier for the front end coders
to integrate the jackrabbit backend.  I thought if i used DTO's, the front
end coders could just call the setters/getters from the page and send the
object back to the business logic layer to be easily saved w/o having to
work directly with too many jcr method calls like
getProperty()/setProperty().  I definitely like the OCM tool, but i feel
that i should wait till its been stable for a little longer.  I was also
concerned that I could have some concurrent modification issues if i used
the nodes in the front end.  Any specific ideas or feelings about all this?
Ideally I would like to make things easier for the front end by providing
methods to pass the form information to instead of having to repeat code
everywhere.  I'm just unsure what objects to use for the front
end...DTO's...nodes...wrapper classes?