jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexandru Popescu ☀" <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Raw mode
Date Thu, 31 May 2007 10:29:13 GMT
On 5/31/07, Felix Meschberger <Felix.Meschberger@day.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> [snip...]
>

> On the other hand, proper integrity is at the heart of every professional
> data repository and IMHO is one of the strongholds of the JCR. Another
> reason to not add such a "raw" mode.

I kinda disagree with the above statement. RDBMS are professional data
repositories, and we all know that DBAs are having the tools/means to
disable data integrity constraints so that they can perform special
ops. I am seeing Jukka's proposal as an equivalent mechanism.

bests,

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.