jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Felix Meschberger" <Felix.Meschber...@day.com>
Subject Re: Raw mode
Date Thu, 31 May 2007 10:16:23 GMT
Hi,

As Stefan and I noted in our comments to JCR-954, the real issues is not
integrity checking but transient item spaces held in-memory during the
transaction. This problem cannot be solved by just adding some raw mode of
whatever sort and restriction. Rather than resorting to such a hacky
workaround for a concrete use case, we should try to solve the general
problems underlying this specific use case.

Consider for example a subtree of - say - 10 Millions items you wish to
delete. You will run into the very same memory issues as noted in JCR-954.
But the "raw" mode will not help you out here...

On the other hand, proper integrity is at the heart of every professional
data repository and IMHO is one of the strongholds of the JCR. Another
reason to not add such a "raw" mode.

Regards
Felix