jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From KÖLL Claus <C.KO...@TIROL.GV.AT>
Subject AW: JCR-936
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 12:46:50 GMT
Hi Amir,

We are using jackrabbit 1.3 (new bundle pm) with oracle in production environment and it works
fine..
Which version of oracle / jdbc driver you are using ?

BR,
claus

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Amir Mistric [mailto:amistric@nemours.org]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2007 14:42
An: dev@jackrabbit.apache.org
Betreff: JCR-936

Hi Jackrabbit developers

I was wondering if someone can comment on the bug I reported https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-936
I believe it has to do with the way Oracle handles empty strings (interprets them as NULLs)
and the root node having a name == "" ....

We are trying to use Oracle as a backend for Magnolia ECMS (which uses Jackrabbit 1.3)
My company spent significant amount of money into Oracle infrastructure and I have no other
choice of a DB.

I would like to know if Oracle based PersistanceManagers and FileSystems will be resolved
in next release of Jackrabbit and when that may be...I know it is maybe a lot to ask but we
are at the standstill...

Thanks
Amir