jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JCR-936
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 13:30:26 GMT
hi amir,

On 5/23/07, Amir Mistric <amistric@nemours.org> wrote:
> Hi Jackrabbit developers
>
> I was wondering if someone can comment on the bug I reported https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-936
> I believe it has to do with the way Oracle handles empty strings (interprets them as
NULLs) and the root node having a name == "" ....

no, that's not the problem here. see my comment on JCR-936

> We are trying to use Oracle as a backend for Magnolia ECMS (which uses Jackrabbit 1.3)
> My company spent significant amount of money into Oracle infrastructure and I have no
other choice of a DB.

> I would like to know if Oracle based PersistanceManagers and FileSystems will be resolved
in next release of Jackrabbit and when that may be...I know it is maybe a lot to ask but we
are at the standstill...

OraclePersistanceManager (non-bundle) and OracleFileSystem were first released
with jackrabbit 1.1. they've been since extensively used in production
environments.

OraclePersistanceManager (bundle) has been released with jackrabbit 1.3.
it has been successfully tested in various environments.

cheers
stefan