jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: session.move vs. workspace.move
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 09:44:04 GMT
hi christophe

On 5/21/07, Christophe Lombart <christophe.lombart@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In the ocm framework, we have the feature to move object. When the
> implementation uses the jcr call 'session.move (src, dst)', it works fine.
> the source node is deleted but if the implementation used the jcr call '
> workspace.move(src, dst)', the source node is not deleted.
> I'm wondering why the both methods are not providing the same result. Is it
> not a bug or do I miss something ?

the difference between Session#move and Workspace#move is that the
latter immediately persists the changes while the former causes transient
changes only (which need to be persisted separatly using a save() call).

however, the current session's resulting view should be the same.

personally i doubt that it's a bug in Workspace#move since we should
have noticed it earlier. however, if you have a test case that demonstrates
the issue please create a jira issue.

cheers
stefan