jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: unlocking a locked node in session scope
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 15:16:52 GMT
hi ruchi

On 5/4/07, ruchi goel <Ruchi.Goel@sun.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>    I locked a node in a session where lock is session scoped. Now I
> logout from the session without unlocking .  When I again login by same
> user  (or by any other user)  , the  node.isLocked () returns true.
>
> Via jcr-mapping PersistenceManager , I am not able to do save, remove
> because checkIfNodeLocked throws back exception.
>

> As per jcr specs , the lock should expire along with the session but
> that is not happening.
> Even if I logout explicitly, rerun the repository , I still see
> jcr:lockOwner property value set to "superuser" who locked the node.
> I am using RMI for accessing repsoitory.
> Am I missing something ?

i quickly ran a test using the following code snippet:

<code>
Session s = r.login(new SimpleCredentials("johndoe",
"".toCharArray()), wspName);
Node n = s.getRootNode().getNode("lockTest");

Lock lck = n.lock(true, true); // session-scoped, deep lock
tn.setProperty("blah", "blah");
s.logout();

Session s1 = r.login(new SimpleCredentials("johndoe",
"".toCharArray()), wspName);

System.out.println("Lock#isLive=" + lck.isLive());
System.out.println("Node#isLocked=" +
s1.getRootNode().getNode("lockTest").isLocked());
</code>

the (correct) console output is:

Lock#isLive=false
Node#isLocked=false

i am not familiar with the jcr-mapping code. i assume your issue is either
jcr-mapping or jcr-rmi related.

please create a jira issue and attach a simple test case (if possible).

cheers
stefan