jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Kettering <tim.ketter...@vivakos.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit 1.2.3, RecordInput/DatabaseJournal
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 15:55:45 GMT

At the risk of mentioning "the other" products - I wanted to comment
that Alfresco takes this approach.. storing content metadata in the
DB and actual content in the file system.  Because we make extensive
use of Alfresco in some of our product offerings here, I've had
plenty of opportunity to look under the hood at their code, and see
how they've set things up in general.  I'm not sure how much
specifics I should go into right now though...

But since Alfresco 2.0 source code is released under the GPL, I see
no real reason why one cannot look at their source for ideas on how
this can be done.

-tim