jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Dominique Pfister" <dominique.pfis...@day.com>
Subject Re: Clustering: JournalException
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 08:34:16 GMT
Hi Martijn,

Looks like you could reproduce this bug, that's great! Yes, please
create a JIRA issue, i will take a look at it as soon as possible.

Kind regards
Dominique

On 5/9/07, Martijn Hendriks <martijnh@gx.nl> wrote:
> Hi Dominique,
>
> There seems to be a race condition that may cause duplicate search index
> entries. I do the following (Jackrabbit 1.3):
> 1) Start clusternode 1 that just adds one node "A" of nodetype
> clustering:test.
> 2) Shutdown clusternode 1.
> 3) Start clusternode 2 that performs the search //element(*,
> clustering:test).
> 4) Print the result of the search (UUIDs of nodes in the result set).
>
> When I just run clusternode 2, then there is one node in the resultset,
> as expected. However, when I debug clusternode 2 (starting with an empty
> search index) and have a breakpoint (i.e., a pause of a few seconds at
> line 306 of RepositoryImpl.java - just before the clusternode is
> started), then the resultset contains two results, both with the same
> UUID.
>
> Should I create a JIRA issue for this?
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Martijn Hendriks
> <GX> creative online development B.V.
>
> t: 024 - 3888 261
> f: 024 - 3888 621
> e: martijnh@gx.nl
>
> Wijchenseweg 111
> 6538 SW Nijmegen
> http://www.gx.nl/
>
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: dominique.pfister@gmail.com
> > [mailto:dominique.pfister@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Dominique Pfister
> > Sent: Friday, May 04, 2007 5:05 PM
> > To: dev@jackrabbit.apache.org
> > Subject: Re: Clustering: JournalException
> >
> > Hi Martijn,
> >
> > On 5/4/07, Martijn Hendriks <martijnh@gx.nl> wrote:
> > > Now we have the following problem: We have a setup with two
> > > clusternodes. The idea is that first one of these clusternodes
> > > initializes the repository (initial content, nodetypes and
> > namespaces).
> > > When this is done, the second clusternode can start (with only a
> > > repository.xml and no search index). The second clusternode fails
> > > unfortunatly. It seems that its search index contains duplicate
> > > entries (which causes its failure). Taking a look at the
> > > RepositoryImpl code I think that I've found the cause. The
> > constructor
> > > first starts the search managers which build the local
> > search index from the shared database.
> > > Then the clusternode is started which synchronizes the changes from
> > > its local revision 0 up to the global revision. This
> > synchronization,
> > > however, triggers events that are picked-up and processed by the
> > > search manager. This causes duplicate entries, or doesn't it?
> >
> > It shouldn't, actually. I would expect the events to
> > regenerate entries in the search index that were already
> > up-to-date, in the worst case. Can you explain in more detail
> > what errors are occurring? Some short test, containing
> > repository initialization code that reliably causes errors on
> > the second cluster node would be helpful, too.
> >
> > Kind regards
> > Dominique
> >
> > >
> > > Best wishes,
> > >
> > > Martijn Hendriks
> > > <GX> creative online development B.V.
> > >
> > > t: 024 - 3888 261
> > > f: 024 - 3888 621
> > > e: martijnh@gx.nl
> > >
> > > Wijchenseweg 111
> > > 6538 SW Nijmegen
> > > http://www.gx.nl/
> > >
> > > > -----Original Message-----
> > > > From: dominique.pfister@gmail.com
> > > > [mailto:dominique.pfister@gmail.com] On Behalf Of
> > Dominique Pfister
> > > > Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2007 3:32 PM
> > > > To: dev@jackrabbit.apache.org
> > > > Subject: Re: Clustering: JournalException
> > > >
> > > > Hi Martijn,
> > > >
> > > > On 5/3/07, Martijn Hendriks <martijnh@gx.nl> wrote:
> > > > > Hi,
> > > > >
> > > > > During the testing of a clustered Jackrabbit 1.3 setup we
> > > > came across
> > > > > the issue that spaces in the names of nodetype definitions
> > > > (which is
> > > > > allowed by the JSR 170 spec if I remember correctly) cause
> > > > > JournalExceptions:
> > > > >
> > > > > This is caused by something like this in the revision data:
> > > > >
> > > > >   - wo:form_new routing (string)
> > > > >
> > > > > I guess that this is a bug, or are spaces in propertynames
> > > > forbidden?
> > > >
> > > > You're right, it is a bug, namely:
> > > >
> > > >   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-895
> > > >
> > > > Internally, nodetype registrations were saved as embedded CNDs in
> > > > the journal and QName(s) were not escaped. Since a space
> > is treated
> > > > as a whitespace delimeter, this caused the parsing error you
> > > > described when reading back a QName with spaces in it.
> > > >
> > > > I fixed this bug in the main trunk. Thank you very much for
> > > > reporting it!
> > > >
> > > > Kind regards
> > > > Dominique
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Best regards,
> > > > >
> > > > > Martijn Hendriks
> > > > > <GX> creative online development B.V.
> > > > >
> > > > > t: 024 - 3888 261
> > > > > f: 024 - 3888 621
> > > > > e: martijnh@gx.nl
> > > > >
> > > > > Wijchenseweg 111
> > > > > 6538 SW Nijmegen
> > > > > http://www.gx.nl/
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>

Mime
View raw message