jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Pfister" <dominique.pfis...@day.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit 1.2.3, RecordInput/DatabaseJournal
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 15:49:59 GMT
Hi Ian,

On 5/5/07, Ian Boston <ieb@tfd.co.uk> wrote:
> would Commons transaction work for this ?
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/transaction/file/index.html
>
> Im happy to look into the FileSystemBLOBStore.

Yes, that should work and this would certainly make a great
contribution! As far as I can see, these are the things that
complicate the matter:

- One has to someway associate the database transaction and the
  transaction in the file system in order to ensure consistency and
  commit either both or none.
- Right now,  FileSystemBLOBStore will use repository relative
  directories, either ${rep.home}/workspaces/${wsp.name}/blobs or
  ${rep.home}/version/blobs, which will not work in a clustered
  environment, unless those directories are mount points. In order to
  simplify the setup, those directories should be made configurable.

Again, I'd love to see some solution, that transactionally (!)
persists simple data in a database and blobs in a filesystem folder.

Dominique