jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Pfister" <dominique.pfis...@day.com>
Subject Re: Clustering: JournalException
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 15:05:06 GMT
Hi Martijn,

On 5/4/07, Martijn Hendriks <martijnh@gx.nl> wrote:
> Now we have the following problem: We have a setup with two
> clusternodes. The idea is that first one of these clusternodes
> initializes the repository (initial content, nodetypes and namespaces).
> When this is done, the second clusternode can start (with only a
> repository.xml and no search index). The second clusternode fails
> unfortunatly. It seems that its search index contains duplicate entries
> (which causes its failure). Taking a look at the RepositoryImpl code I
> think that I've found the cause. The constructor first starts the search
> managers which build the local search index from the shared database.
> Then the clusternode is started which synchronizes the changes from its
> local revision 0 up to the global revision. This synchronization,
> however, triggers events that are picked-up and processed by the search
> manager. This causes duplicate entries, or doesn't it?

It shouldn't, actually. I would expect the events to regenerate
entries in the search index that were already up-to-date, in the worst
case. Can you explain in more detail what errors are occurring? Some
short test, containing repository initialization code that reliably
causes errors on the second cluster node would be helpful, too.

Kind regards
Dominique