jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Pfister" <dominique.pfis...@day.com>
Subject Re: Clustering: JournalException
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 13:31:52 GMT
Hi Martijn,

On 5/3/07, Martijn Hendriks <martijnh@gx.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> During the testing of a clustered Jackrabbit 1.3 setup we came across
> the issue that spaces in the names of nodetype definitions (which is
> allowed by the JSR 170 spec if I remember correctly) cause
> JournalExceptions:
>
> This is caused by something like this in the revision data:
>
>   - wo:form_new routing (string)
>
> I guess that this is a bug, or are spaces in propertynames forbidden?

You're right, it is a bug, namely:

Internally, nodetype registrations were saved as embedded CNDs in the
journal and QName(s) were not escaped. Since a space is treated as a
whitespace delimeter, this caused the parsing error you described when
reading back a QName with spaces in it.

I fixed this bug in the main trunk. Thank you very much for reporting it!

Kind regards
Dominique