jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Raw mode
Date Thu, 31 May 2007 10:08:02 GMT
Hi,

Every now and then I see people running into issues with the current
limitations in modifying node types in Jackrabbit. The recent JCR-954
issue also highlighted a similar problem with referential integrity
checks. For various reasons the strict integrity checks in Jackrabbit
end up hurting valid use cases.

The proper solution to the problem would be to actually implement the
missing node type modification support and to optimize the use cases
in JCR-954, but it seems to me that we are at least a year if not more
away from such solutions.

Thus I would like to float the idea of a "raw mode" in Jackrabbit. The
"raw mode" would be a session-level attribute, enabled during login,
that would disable all node type and reference checks for that
session. The mode would only be available to administrator users,
perhaps even only when no other sessions are accessing the repository.

BR,

Jukka Zitting