jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JCR-936
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 11:29:53 GMT
Hi,

On 5/23/07, Amir Mistric <amistric@nemours.org> wrote:
> We are using Oracle 10g with Oracle Database 10g  Release 2 (10.2.0.2) JDBC Drivers
> If you are using new Oracle bundle PM then I don't know what the problem is....It just
> throws an error...

Quriously enough I just encountered the same problem yesterday. In my
case the problem was that the schema creation code failed for some
reason (apparently a limitation on the length of table names), which
left the schema partially instantiated. In effect I had all the tables
I needed but not the essential trigger used to populate the ID column
in an INSERT, thus I would get the mentioned exception.

I solved the issue by manually adding the missing trigger, but it
would be nice if Jackrabbit could somehow automatically recover from
or at least provide better error reporting for such cases. I'll see if
I can do something about that.

BR,

Jukka Zitting