jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Short term release plans
Date Mon, 14 May 2007 11:52:53 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to ask for some feedback for Jackrabbit release plans over
the next few months. I think the 1.3 release is very nice and
personally I have no immediate need for updates. Apart from the
clustering changes I also don't think there are many high-profile bug
fixes waiting to be released.

Thus I'm thinking that we could perhaps do a 1.3.1 patch release with
a collection of clustering and other fixes sometime in June-July, and
push for a 1.4 feature release around September. What do you think
about such a schedule? Are there some fixes or features that you'd
like to have released already earlier?

I'm very much interested in continuing as the Jackrabbit release
manager, but to get other people initiated with the process details I
would also be happy to assist if someone else is interested in cutting
releases.

BR,

Jukka Zitting