jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: procedure for fixing the issue
Date Thu, 10 May 2007 06:42:14 GMT
Hi,

On 5/10/07, ruchi goel <Ruchi.Goel@sun.com> wrote:
> I have raised a jira issue JCR-910 as per which , the
> PersistenceManagerImpl.java  in jcr-apping layer does not implement move
> and copy methods for a node.  I have the fix for this issue.

Excellent!

> Would like  to know what is the procedure for checking in the code
> e.g. the review process etc.

Prepare a patch that contains your changes and attach it to JCR-910. A
committer (most likely Christophe in this case) will then review the
code and commit it to the trunk if it looks good. If the patch isn't
ready for inclusion (some errors, bad formatting, etc.) the committer
in question (or anyone else who might be trying your fix) will comment
on the issue, in which case you can iterate the process until the
patch gets accepted.

Later on if or when you've already submitted a few good patches and
seem like you continue doing so, the Jackrabbit PMC will most likely
nominate you for committership so you can commit your changes directly
in Jackrabbit.

BR,

Jukka Zitting