jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Martijn Hendriks" <marti...@gx.nl>
Subject RE: Clustering: JournalException
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 12:38:54 GMT
Hi Dominique,

Thanks for fixing this issue so quickly!

Now we have the following problem: We have a setup with two
clusternodes. The idea is that first one of these clusternodes
initializes the repository (initial content, nodetypes and namespaces).
When this is done, the second clusternode can start (with only a
repository.xml and no search index). The second clusternode fails
unfortunatly. It seems that its search index contains duplicate entries
(which causes its failure). Taking a look at the RepositoryImpl code I
think that I've found the cause. The constructor first starts the search
managers which build the local search index from the shared database.
Then the clusternode is started which synchronizes the changes from its
local revision 0 up to the global revision. This synchronization,
however, triggers events that are picked-up and processed by the search
manager. This causes duplicate entries, or doesn't it?

Best wishes,

Martijn Hendriks
<GX> creative online development B.V.

t: 024 - 3888 261