jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Amir Mistric" <amist...@nemours.org>
Subject RE: JCR-936
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 12:00:39 GMT
Jukka

Yes, I know it was weird and I could not figure out why it was doing it.
I had my Oracle DBA trace the calls and make sure all the privileges are correct. He didn't
find anything out of the ordinary.

One suggestion I would have is to have Jackrabiit check the schema after creation (some sort
of consistency check) and then use your recovery idea...
Another useful thing would be a more meaningful message during schema consistency check...

But like you said applying schema manually resolves the problem...

Thanks

Amir

-----Original Message-----
From: Jukka Zitting [mailto:jukka.zitting@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 7:30 AM
To: dev@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: JCR-936

Hi,

On 5/23/07, Amir Mistric <amistric@nemours.org> wrote:
> We are using Oracle 10g with Oracle Database 10g  Release 2 (10.2.0.2)
> JDBC Drivers If you are using new Oracle bundle PM then I don't know
> what the problem is....It just throws an error...

Quriously enough I just encountered the same problem yesterday. In my case the problem was
that the schema creation code failed for some reason (apparently a limitation on the length
of table names), which left the schema partially instantiated. In effect I had all the tables
I needed but not the essential trigger used to populate the ID column in an INSERT, thus I
would get the mentioned exception.

I solved the issue by manually adding the missing trigger, but it would be nice if Jackrabbit
could somehow automatically recover from or at least provide better error reporting for such
cases. I'll see if I can do something about that.

BR,

Jukka Zitting