jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Amir Mistric" <amist...@nemours.org>
Subject RE: JCR-936
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 14:02:36 GMT
What could be the problem then? The error states is a NULL constraint violation?

Thanks

Amir

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Guggisberg [mailto:stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 9:30 AM
To: dev@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: JCR-936

hi amir,

On 5/23/07, Amir Mistric <amistric@nemours.org> wrote:
> Hi Jackrabbit developers
>
> I was wondering if someone can comment on the bug I reported
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-936
> I believe it has to do with the way Oracle handles empty strings (interprets them as
NULLs) and the root node having a name == "" ....

no, that's not the problem here. see my comment on JCR-936

> We are trying to use Oracle as a backend for Magnolia ECMS (which uses
> Jackrabbit 1.3) My company spent significant amount of money into Oracle infrastructure
and I have no other choice of a DB.

> I would like to know if Oracle based PersistanceManagers and FileSystems will be resolved
in next release of Jackrabbit and when that may be...I know it is maybe a lot to ask but we
are at the standstill...

OraclePersistanceManager (non-bundle) and OracleFileSystem were first released with jackrabbit
1.1. they've been since extensively used in production environments.

OraclePersistanceManager (bundle) has been released with jackrabbit 1.3.
it has been successfully tested in various environments.

cheers
stefan