jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Kiehl <christ...@sulu3000.de>
Subject Re: Migrate from Old OraclePersistenceManager to new Bundle OraclePersistenceManager
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 15:35:31 GMT
Jukka Zitting wrote:

>> As i see in the oracle.ddl file from the new bundle persistence
>> managers it will
>> create a new table (BUNDLE) What do i have to do to migrate a old
>> workspace?
>
> I would create a new workspace with the bundle configuration and use
> Workspace.clone() to copy all content to the new workspace.

That sounded like a nice migration path, but unfortunately I was unable to clone
my workspace.

I tried the following:

testWorkspace.clone("default", "/" , "/" , false);

and got this exception:

javax.jcr.PathNotFoundException: no such ancestor path of degree 1
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.name.Path.getAncestor(Path.java:520)
    at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.BatchedItemOperations.copy(BatchedItemOperations.java:276)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.WorkspaceImpl.internalCopy(WorkspaceImpl.java:296)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.WorkspaceImpl.clone(WorkspaceImpl.java:403)
    at com.subshell.sophora.server.SophoraServer.start(SophoraServer.java:197)
    at com.subshell.sophora.server.SophoraServer.main(SophoraServer.java:92)

Any idea what I should do to clone a whole workspace?

Cheers,
Christoph