jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Kiehl <christ...@sulu3000.de>
Subject Re: Using snapshot builds with maven guide
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 12:01:00 GMT
Jukka Zitting wrote:

> The build number that replaces the "SNAPSHOT" part is essentially a
> timestamp and a sequence number. Since the different components are
> built and deployed separately, they receive different timestamps and
> sequence numbers.

Actually it seems like the timestamp is the same for every artifact in the build
cycle, but the sequence number differs. I think the sequence numbers should be
the same as well. I don't know why they differ. Maybe one of the subprojects was
added later?

> Basically I believe Maven should resolve "SNAPSHOT" to the latest
> build in the repository and internally still use "SNAPSHOT" as the
> version, but I might be mistaken. Perhaps we should replace the
> ${version} variables with actual "1.4-SNAPSHOT" version labels in the
> dependencyManagement part of the parent POM. I'll look into that.

That should actually solve the problem. The problem here is that you have to
update the parent pom on each release.

Cheers,
Christoph