jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Kiehl <christ...@sulu3000.de>
Subject Re: Using snapshot builds with maven guide
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 11:05:30 GMT
Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 4/18/07, Christoph Kiehl <christoph@sulu3000.de> wrote:
>> I recently tried using the jackrabbit snapshot build from
>> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/jackrabbit/.
>> One
>> problem I discovered is that in the POM for jackrabbit-core for
>> example there
>> are no versions for jackrabbit dependencies like jackrabbit-api defined.
>
> The dependency versions are defined in the jackrabbit parent POM using
> the Maven dependencyManagement feature. I believe Maven should
> automatically download also the parent POM and take the version
> numbers from there.

That's right, and maven does it exactly like that. The problem is, that if you
take for example the latest snapshot POM
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/jackrabbit/jackrabbit/1.3-SNAPSHOT/jackrabbit-1.3-20070418.104105-138.pom

the version number of all jackrabbit dependencies is 1.3-20070418.104105-138.
But there is no jackrabbit-core with version number 1.3-20070418.104105-138. The
jackrabbit-core with that timestamp got a different build number. I don't really
  know why, and it should be correctable, but unfortunately right now I've got
no time to dig into that.

Cheers,
Christoph