jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexandru Popescu ☀" <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NGP: Value records
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 13:38:42 GMT
> Hi,

> > I see. Now my next question is: how do you clean behind? If a value
> > becomes unreferenced will you or will you not clear it?
>
> It won't be cleared unless the repository gets explicitly recreated
> using some vacuuming process. I don't think this is a problem since
> there's only a single copy of any unique value.

So, in case where is solution is used for storying large binary
values, the benefit of storying a single value with references will be
quite lost from the perspective of saving storage space.

Sorry, for asking so many question (and maybe sounding a bit negative)
but I am having the feeling that there may be some missing things :-).

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.