jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From KÖLL Claus <C.KO...@TIROL.GV.AT>
Subject AW: Migrate from Old OraclePersistenceManager to new Bundle OraclePersistenceManager
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 08:11:43 GMT
hi jukka,
thanks for the info.

i hope someone contribute such a migration util ...

BR,
claus

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Jukka Zitting [mailto:jukka.zitting@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 24. April 2007 10:06
An: dev@jackrabbit.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Migrate from Old OraclePersistenceManager to new Bundle OraclePersistenceManager

Hi,

On 4/24/07, KÖLL Claus <C.KOELL@tirol.gv.at> wrote:
> As i see in the oracle.ddl file from the new bundle persistence managers it will
> create a new table (BUNDLE) What do i have to do to migrate a old workspace?

I would create a new workspace with the bundle configuration and use
Workspace.clone() to copy all content to the new workspace.

As of now we don't have any migration tools that would take an
existing db persistence database and upgrade it to use bundle
persistence. Writing such a utility shouldn't be too hard though, so
perhaps someone will contribute it...

BR,

Jukka Zitting