jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Pfister" <dominique.pfis...@day.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit 1.2.3, RecordInput/DatabaseJournal
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2007 14:27:56 GMT
Hi Ian,

On 4/27/07, Ian Boston <ieb@tfd.co.uk> wrote:
> One quick question, which parts of the repository filesystem {rep.home}
> should be in shared space and local space on the cluster node, I'm using
> content on filesystem.

In a clustered environment, using content on filesystem is not
recommended: since the journal does only contain the modified item's
id, but not the content itself, all nodes have to save the content in
the same location. Changes made by one node in the cluster should be
isolated from other nodes until the change is actually committed, a
condition the filesystem based persistence managers do not fulfill.

I'd rather take a database based persistence manager, where the
database is running standalone and not embedded. If you already use
the DatabaseJournal with a JDBC datasource, it would probably make
sense to use the same database to save your repository data.

Kind regards
Dominique