jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Pfister" <dominique.pfis...@day.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit 1.2.3, RecordInput/DatabaseJournal
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2007 08:57:44 GMT
Hi Ian,

On 4/27/07, Ian Boston <ieb@tfd.co.uk> wrote:
> I want to extend reimplemente DatabaseJounal (core.cluster), but there
> is a dependency on RecordInput which is a protected class (or at least
> default scope).
>
> So you cant extend AbstractDatabaseJournal except in the same package
> (perhaps thats the answer)
>
> Is there a reason for this, or was it an oversight.

This is definitely an oversight. Ideally, DatabaseJournal should have
a protected method named "getConnection", that may be overridden to
change the way a connection is acquired. I will file a bug for this.

> The reason I want to extend as I am embedding Jackrabbit into Sakai
> (www.sakaiproject.org) and I would prefer to use a DataSource rather
> DriverManager delivered connection .... even if I get the connection and
> keep it.

For the time being, if using a DataSource is an absolute must, there
is nothing else I can suggest than checking out the source code from
svn, applying the required changes directly to your local copy and
building a new, customized version.

Kind regards
Dominique