jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migrate from Old OraclePersistenceManager to new Bundle OraclePersistenceManager
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 07:19:39 GMT
Hi,

On 4/24/07, Christoph Kiehl <christoph@sulu3000.de> wrote:
> Christoph Kiehl wrote:
> > I tried the following:
> >
> > testWorkspace.clone("default", "/" , "/" , false);
>
> My second try was to just clone one of our root nodes:
>
> testWorkspace.clone("default", "/content" , "/content" , false);

The target path of the clone() method is defined as the "absolute path
to the parent node of the new location, appended with the new name
desired for the cloned node", so using just "/" doesn't work.

> This failed because of the following exception:
>
> Caused by: javax.jcr.ReferentialIntegrityException: Target node
> c83ca884-4ad4-40a3-a6da-0fb5b8c33608 of REFERENCE property does not exist

You probably have more than one subtree below the root node and
references across these subtrees. When you clone() just a single
subtree at a time the references get broken.

> Is there any way to clone a whole workspace? Without referential integrity
> problems?

My usual recommendation is to use a separate "application root" node
like "/my:content" under which you put all the content in your
application. This way you can clone the entire application in one
piece without the reference issues.

You could do that just for the migration by 1) creating such a
application root node, 2) moving all other subtrees below that node,
3) cloning the entire tree to a new workspace, and 4) moving the
subtrees back to the root of the new workspace.

> Apparently clone() seems to copy the whole content into memory before
> saving it to the destination workspace. Is that true?

Yes, unfortunately. Given the current ChangeLog implementation,
Jackrabbit keeps all changesets in memory regardless of whether they
go through the transient space or not.

BR,

Jukka Zitting