jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using snapshot builds with maven guide
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 11:19:11 GMT
Hi,

On 4/18/07, Christoph Kiehl <christoph@sulu3000.de> wrote:
> Jukka Zitting wrote:
> > The dependency versions are defined in the jackrabbit parent POM using
> > the Maven dependencyManagement feature. I believe Maven should
> > automatically download also the parent POM and take the version
> > numbers from there.
>
> That's right, and maven does it exactly like that. The problem is, that if you
> take for example the latest snapshot POM
> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/jackrabbit/jackrabbit/1.3-SNAPSHOT/jackrabbit-1.3-20070418.104105-138.pom
> the version number of all jackrabbit dependencies is 1.3-20070418.104105-138.
> But there is no jackrabbit-core with version number 1.3-20070418.104105-138. The
> jackrabbit-core with that timestamp got a different build number.

The build number that replaces the "SNAPSHOT" part is essentially a
timestamp and a sequence number. Since the different components are
built and deployed separately, they receive different timestamps and
sequence numbers.

Basically I believe Maven should resolve "SNAPSHOT" to the latest
build in the repository and internally still use "SNAPSHOT" as the
version, but I might be mistaken. Perhaps we should replace the
${version} variables with actual "1.4-SNAPSHOT" version labels in the
dependencyManagement part of the parent POM. I'll look into that.

BR,

Jukka Zitting