jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Next Generation Persistence
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 14:47:46 GMT
Hi,

On 4/11/07, Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reutegger@gmx.net> wrote:
> A SPI implementation using NGP could simply create a draft revision that
> includes the changes of a Batch when it is submitted. The draft revision will
> only live for a short period. Maybe the implementation could be optimized to
> directly 'stream' the draft revision into persistent storage to avoid recreating
> the changes in memory again.

Yeah, that's doable. I'm most concerned about cases where a large
number of nodes or a large binary is saved through the transient
space, so that the information needs to be temporarily saved on disk.
It would be better if that temporary storage could already be the
draft revision in which case no extra copying would be needed.

In fact most of that could already be achieved by a Batch
implementation that is backed by the draft revision. The main problem
at the moment is that the client still needs to keep a full copy of
everything it passes to the Batch in order to properly support reading
transient changes. Would it be possible to add getter methods to the
Batch interface?

BR,

Jukka Zitting