jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Creating Nodes is Excruciatingly Slow
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 06:56:10 GMT

On 4/11/07, sstrickland <sstrickland@costco.com> wrote:
> I use a db2 database on an iSeries (AS400) to store my project.  I connect
> just fine, and I can create nodes, child nodes and grandchild nodes, along
> with appropriate properties.  It's just that it is so very slow.  20-30
> seconds per node!  Am I doing anything wrong?

You are probably running the content repository on a separate server
than the database. The database persistence manager performance is
quite sensitive to network latency, so the roundtrip time to the
database server should be < 10ms.

I assume you currently use the default database persistence manager in
Jackrabbit 1.x. You might want to try the bundle persistence manager
in the Jackrabbit trunk since it's not as latency-constrained as the
current database persistence manager.

Jukka Zitting

View raw message