jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Next Generation Persistence
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 14:32:11 GMT
Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Another issue that came up is whether and how such a persistence model
> would work with the SPI. I had considered the SPI as the primary
> interface to use when prototyping/implementing this persistence
> proposal, but it seems that the handling of the transient space as a
> "draft revision" doesn't resonate well with the SPI model of keeping
> the transient space on the client side. Any ideas on how to best
> resolve this?

A SPI implementation using NGP could simply create a draft revision that
includes the changes of a Batch when it is submitted. The draft revision will
only live for a short period. Maybe the implementation could be optimized to
directly 'stream' the draft revision into persistent storage to avoid recreating
the changes in memory again.

regards
  marcel