jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Next Generation Persistence
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 14:23:09 GMT
Jukka Zitting wrote:
> With a Subversion-like structure a node does not have a direct parent
> reference which could be used to construct the node path. Even an
> indirect parent identifier doesn't work if we want to support
> Subversion-style zero-cost copying and moving of nodes and subtrees.

moving is already a cheap operation because only the parent node id changes.

copying in JCR is fundamentally different from subversion. in subversion the
uuid of a resource does not change when you do a copy. In JCR a copied
referenceable node *must* get a new UUID. Therefore copy in JCR is potentially
costly and cannot be implemented in subversion style.

regards
  marcel