jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: JCR and SOAP
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 08:09:59 GMT
Hi Sten,

I'd recommend to create a SOAP API based on the Jackrabbit SPI effort because it
is much easier to implement. In contrast to the JCR API the Jackrabbit SPI is
less object oriented (e.g. there are no methods to navigate between items, etc.)
and better suited for protocols.

See:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.jackrabbit.devel/11221/
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.jackrabbit.user/2463/

If you are interested in building a SOAP API based on the Jackrabbit SPI
interfaces you may want to have a look at the SPI-RMI implementation. It simply
remotes the SPI interfaces using RMI. Using SOAP instead should be straight forward.

regards
  marcel